Thursday, September 13, 2007

Fair Dinkum

So I’m back from Sydney for the you-know-what multilateral event, in which I very surprisingly enjoyed myself, considering the workload and minimum amount of sleep I managed. When government delegates go on a trip, a multitude of parties, departments, sections, rankings, and roles come along for the ride. The mastery lies in weaving your way through this tangle of bureaucracy in order to get your work done, while at the same time escaping from this tangle of bureaucracy to make sure you have some quality personal time once work is completed.

As a manifestation of effective resource management, I left the “weaving through” part to my colleague who is significantly more skillful at it, and found myself more talented at the “escaping” part.

So together we managed snippets of free time to enjoy the city. A few pictures are in order. Oh but let it be known first that I only plan to post food pictures. I like food. Besides, other pictures would be show-off pictures with important people, so I’m sparing you the *What...Everrr*.






















That would be “Oven Baked Victoria Scallops in Shell with Parmesan and White Sauce”, practically the biggest most succulent scallops I’ve ever had.

















That would be the “Special Seafood Platter for Two”, filled with lobsters, giant prawns, octopus, scallops, fish and chips, squid, and oysters. The “for Two” part of its name sounded distant and comical as we (both) made our way through our little platter. The real gems were the oysters, eaten raw with a squeeze of lemon, incredibly fresh and tender. I know some people who think raw oysters are disgusting and frankly I pity them.
















That would be the view we enjoyed over dinner. Food for sight, you see. (In case you were wondering about said picture’s relevance.)

And yes, people. That would be paid with your tax money.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ouw, all the food looks really nice...though I think I'll just stay away from anything related to shrimp or uhm..its group of family ;o

and btw, I don't mind that it's actually paid with the nation's money, as long as you did your work well there (I somehow believe you did).

Anonymous said...

Looks like you went to Doyle's for dinner.