Monday, June 25, 2007

Dessert.

Over the weekend we had a BBQ party where everybody had to contribute something homemade, so I announced (with a bit of grandeur), that I was contributing a Mango-Green Tea Sorbet for dessert.

Said brother : Awesome! Where will you buy it?
Said friend : I hope you don’t mean Mango-Green Tea flavored es grosok.
Said boyfriend : Be honest now. Is somebody helping you make it?

You can see I received a lot of encouragement. That is entirely fair, you say. I can multitask and I can probably figure out why the Middle East conflicts keep escalating. But I simply don’t cook. ‘Domestic Goddess’ would be something to describe what I’m not.

Needless to say I was determined. I had googled the recipe and chosen the one with high ratings. I had fantasized about the … garnish. I had tasked mother to get the ingredients. The maid was on duty to peel the mangoes. I was ready for anything.

So I followed the simple recipe carefully and I must say I think it was almost a success. The taste (as the audience affirmed) was awesome. The only thing is it became more of a Mango-Green Tea smoothie rather than sorbet, but then again, that’s not my fault. The fridge wasn’t high-tech enough, you see. Neither was the blender. It’s hard to be creative with all these constraints. *sigh*














Yang penting penampilan !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must say "wow". Never thought you cooked. But the sorbet looks like a definite haute-cuisine....