Friday, June 22, 2007

Conversation with pervert colleague

When the President is receiving a visit from an official of another country I am occasionally assigned to “stand by” for an indefinite amount of time outside the meeting room in case the boss needs anything immediate. Accompanying me on this exhilarating mission are other people on “stand by” mode: bodyguards and photographers.

I had initially brought with me something to read but abandoned it on the merit that an acquaintance attempted a conversation and it is considered rude to prefer work over fake conversation. So after the usual default greetings, the conversation took a sudden turn as follows:

"You’re really sexy. Why are you so sexy?"
Having managed a couple of forced chuckles, I replied …. “Gue gitu loh” (there is no English expression for that)
"Have you married?"
(using the indo word for marriage which could also mean sex)
"No."
"Oh, I meant, have you married?" (using the proper and unambiguous word for marriage)
"No."
"Well you don’t need to wait for marriage to have sex these days right. So many girls do it. I mean, I would know."
I desperately cast glances at the time.
"So have you had sex?"
Trying to sound completely calm, I said, “That’s none of your business
And he snorts with laughter.

Such are the fruits of my being conversational and jovial. I manage to inch away while he was busy bluetoothing Tamara Blezynski’s sex-video to a couple of other guys on stand-by.

I should be reporting him to HRD. No wait, we don’t have HRD.
Shit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OUCH.

that pervert deserves a slap.

i thought everything 'up there' is somewhat 'lebih sekolahan'. ternyata enggak ya? hm.

Anonymous said...

ho boy.....

that is sooo indonesian...
what kinda work did you get trapped into?

Teez said...

Definitely not 'lebih sekolahan'. In fact it's almost primitive. Luckily I am sane enough to make fun of it.
And I'm definitely not 'trapped' as in stuck here beyond choice ;) So no worries!