Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Prepping for August

I will be leaving my cactus to the care of my bf, who seemed profoundly touched that I trusted him with my plants. I told him I trusted him with my life … (obviously drama queening, because it’s a no-brainer that the plants are probably better off with him anyways?) As for the gym membership, that’s a bit tricky, because who would want to take over a fitness membership for one year only? Well if you’re interested, give me a call.
I need to get:

  1. a brand new spanking silver Macbook that will never contract a virus no matter what I plug into it and with a built-in camera for conference calls with the bf, to replace my perfectly functioning but boring HP Compaq;
  2. a shiny new blackberry, for unlimited virtual chats with all my friends in Jakarta who all have blackberries already and think I’m a dinosaur because I don’t see the point in getting one yet;
  3. a kick-ass SLR camera to artfully immortalize the land abroad in the spring, summer, autumn and winter; and
  4. a velvet black designer trench coat because where else will I have a reason to dress like Audrey Hepburn?
Unfortunately, I am not privileged enough to have legally blonde ambitions. I must painfully snap out of my fanciful fantasies and face the ugly truth about the straight-edge, gray-skirted, primal things I must prepare for the real world. And that would be:
  1. knowledge to survive random discussions with classmates (“Oh I think the stimulus bill may or may not turn out to be a success depending on …”);
  2. documents and plane-tickets and rents and no one to cook your food for you and how to read a map and how to fix your laptop by yourself without the help of mas-mas Ratu Plaza; and
  3. saving up for an array of books that I will not be able to pirate the way I pirated all my undergrad books.
Now if someone would just lend me their Hepburn-inspired velvet-black designer trench coat or take over my gym membership for a year so that I don’t have to waste 20% of annual membership fees just to keep my membership waiting for me when I get back, that would be really really helpful. :)

7 comments:

Rob Baiton said...

Good Luck on all fronts.

Where you headed? I am now out of the gossip loop having returned to Sydney...

Teez said...

Hi Rob, yes I heard you went back down under. Had to save the money I was gonna use to bet you'd convert to WNI for another day. Heheh. Am headed to Harvard Law, muchos gracias for the goodluck wishes :)

Ulin said...

CONFIRM TEEZ.. you'll need those macbook (fyi Dewi had bought one AFTER 2DAYS arrived in Bangkok.. now i felt my vaio quite boring one), BB OF COURSE!!!, SLR so you can keep us update your amazing pict, and trench coat... LET's go to Bandung to look for the-value-for-money-but-not-pricey trench coat :D....

Anonymous said...

Still can't believe when I heard it straight from you. Congratulation, may you become one of the best legal counsel.

FB

blue eyes said...

wow, harvard,,damn i wish i can go there as well.. x(
you're one hell of a smart girl !!
congrattssss and best of luck for you!

btw, for that audrey hepburn trench coat, a lil suggestion for you...better just buy it after you arrived, it's waaaaayyyyy much better and you will have lotssss of choice there..you're in no rush for that one anyway ;)

Mardy said...

you should buy a photocopy machine instead of all things mentioned ;P

Nita said...

good luck! gym membershipnya dimana? :p