Saturday, January 26, 2008

Excited.

I can’t help it. I’ve been given my very own office-room (please compare to previous office of littered communal desks), with a view (please compare to previous office with no windows or sunlight in sight), with a salary transferred to my bank account! (please compare to monthly white envelopes). Yay!

So yes, I could get used to this place. Especially after I bring in a persian rug, a few framed art pieces, and my toothbrush. Toothbrush? Yes, the employee’s manual (bound in a siren-red binder and handed to me on my first day) says that since we’ll probably be staying late we might as well bring personal hygiene amenities and spare clothes just in case. I’m not kidding.

Funnily enough, I can’t wait to pull my first all-nighter at the office. And when that happens I'll probably start proudly complaining about it (don't you just hate people who do that? Like, duh, get a life.) I guess every time I start something new, I fall off the peak of a mountain which I worked hard to get to the top of. And then I suddenly find myself at the foot again, of a different mountain with unfamiliar terrains and unfamiliar faces who look suspiciously at newcomers. It’s always like that every time and I can’t wait to start climbing. But this one feels like a particularly big mountain and a particularly long journey. I need to keep reminding myself that impatience is not going to make it easier.

--------------------------------------------

PS: horror of horrors, I can’t access my blogger dashboard from the office. Nor my friendster, facebook, yahoo, and everything else that’s important in my life! (except google. If they take away google, I'd die.) Oh how I miss my previous office. Blogability was so much easier back then :-(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

where do you work?? i'm curious.. :)

Anonymous said...

get those esia wimode or im2 modem for your laptop, girl. it'll help.

trust me.

HAHAHAHHA :D

Anonymous said...

Bravo, bravo! You're blogging again. Keep it comin' girl.