Monday, December 24, 2007

Holiday Blues

After the head-spinning delight of embracing my one-month holiday (squeee!) has worn off, here comes the inevitable question: Now What?

I sometimes find it unfortunate that I was never one to stay dormant for very long. Sure, there is the Christmas Eve party invitation and the New Year’s holiday in Bali (please read with a squeal of delight), but that only amounts to 7 days out of 30, which leaves me with 23 schedule-less, plan-less days. Infinite possiblities, but still, one must start making plans. Some of my random ideas while I was busy doing nothing for 6 solid hours today:

1. Do a culinary tour of Central Java.

2. Exercise everyday and get that perfect butt already (facing tough competition from No.1 above).

3. Finish reading all unread books on my shelf.

4. Teach English pro bono for underprivileged kids at the local mosque.

5. Read materials for my upcoming new job.

6. Write a complete memoir of my days at the palace.

7. Become a couch potato every Monday, just because I can.

I have always been good at planning. Whether I will wake up the next morning and immediately act upon any sort of plan is an entirely different matter. Oh and by the way, if I owe anyone lunch or dinner or a casual get together, now is a good time to remind me :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have so many things to do and so many wishes to materialize in a very short period of a human life. it becomes more apparent when you are getting older... i have many books awaiting to be touched, guitar and bass guitar to practice leo kristi's songs, blog to attend to, job to do, endless... :D

Anonymous said...

A suggestion: meditation and silence. Let the universe, which is already perfect in every sense, provide you with the plans.

As you now have time, use it to meditate in silence daily.