Monday, October 29, 2007

5 reasons why I am a complete mess.

  1. I had planned to study and finish some work over the weekend and managed to instead spend it on shopping, watching TV, and sleeping.
  2. I did not attend my friend’s invitation to her brother’s wedding (because, seriously, one should never invite their own friends to their sibling’s weddings unless said friend is actually acquainted to said sibling) and only remembered to notify her effectively four hours after the wedding was over.
  3. I received an invitation for a breakfast meeting next week and am at loss as to why I am invited, apart from having met inviter at an all-important conference in which I gave my best all-important front. I feel like a scam. Dear inviter, I am not as smart as you may think I am. Please don’t make me come to the meeting because then I will be discovered for the fraud that I am.
  4. My career is at a crossroads to nowhere in particular because I have not taken any of the actions I have identified as imminently necessary for me to take but I cannot start taking those actions now because there are too many choices and I haven’t been able to make any decision regarding said choices for the past month because I am greedy and I want everything.
  5. I feel fat and because of that I ate healthy steamed fish for dinner and because of that I felt I deserved a little reward and therefore ate one and a half donuts just now and I obviously still feel fat. (If you’re pissed that I think I’m fat because you think I’m not and you think I’m just being too self-obsessed, you can go eat donuts too. They might make you feel better.)
  6. (Yes I know I promised 5 but it’s my blog.) I just wasted an hour on a meaningless post which painfully exposes how normal I am. Ugh.
  7. Somebody please tell me where my blog title has mysteriously disappeared to over the weekend.

3 comments:

Rob Baiton said...

Hey! Snap out of this melancholy mood of yours and get your "game face" back on! Life isn't meant to be easy! You gotta work, and work hard, for the things that you want and if you don't want them bad enough then you won't go the whole nine yards to get 'em!

So, make whatever decisions you have to make and move on...

Btw it could have been worse! You could have had a nice, thick, and rich white wine sauce on your fish and ice cream with your donuts!

blue eyes said...

ahahaha....eating donuts won't make you any fatter dear..well..unless you eat tons of it..=P
btw, really like your blog ..:-)

Anonymous said...

Hear...Hear... Pinpoint what you're interested in most, then go for it. Don't waste time doing things not related to it. Time is a very precious commodity. Three people I knew had their time up last week, due to different causes. The effect is nonetheless the same. Time's up, no extension. So, whilst you have time, do the most you can with it. And, oh, don't forget to celebrate life, your life, this life. And, as the advocate said, "it could've been worse!..."