Saturday, November 21, 2009

Fall.

Summer dies quickly, leaving skeletal branches against the sky.

At times like this "I could wile away the hours... conferring with the flowers, consulting with the rain..." as Harry Connick Jr. would sing. Because something else died too, and it is not as visible as the brown leaves that I crush underfoot, nor is it as visible as the meaning between these words. The only witness is myself, and this vast world that I find myself in, blowing dead leaves at my feet.

When something dies, you say goodbye. And so I did... a little invisible goodbye, which left me feeling torn, and a little lonelier. But there was nothing else I could do.

3 comments:

Rob Baiton said...

Yes, but fall is still one of my favourite times of the year.

You are enjoying the challenge of your time away, aren't you?

Teez said...

Hi Rob, yes I am enjoying myself here :) This post refers to something else.

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear that Teez ... be strong ya ...