Monday, May 28, 2007

Flirt.

I remember a time ages and ages ago… when a friend told me I was a “pathological flirt”. This basically means that, by nature I am flirty without even realizing or intending to be. At the time I was extremely surprised.

Another impression that I’ve been told people have of me is that, I look bitchy and unfriendly. I blame this on genetics: I possess a square jaw that makes me look like Pocahontas. People probably get the impression I shoot arrows and fight for minority rights as a favorite pastime.

Both these impressions have gotten me into trouble one way or another, and have been quite a significant source of confusion for me. Some people get intimidated, other people think I’m coming on to them. If I make effort to become friendlier, I risk being perceived as flirty. If I make effort to guard my distance, I risk being perceived as cold and unfriendly.

How on earth do I reconcile the two?











Spot resemblance?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you don't have to think about it too much, really. now you know your limits, just try to play between both sides: stop when you start perceiving that a person is way too friendly to you (i.e: they start making all these unnecessary flirtatious convos, gestures, and even physical contacts), and also stop when you start seeing an intimidated-frightened-almost-tear-dropping look.

hey, you can even take a vast deal of advantages from this: now you know when to intimidate any bitchy colleague or superior that you dislike, and you know how to be friendly to anyone that you haven't got any chance to know better, as to gain their trust and start breaking the ice!

I like the way you are, and you shouldn't try to dramatically convert into someone else. After all, that's their problem to try guessing who you are, merely by judging your jaw. It's not your problem. They do not realize what they're missing out ;-)