Saturday, March 03, 2007

"I have read seven out of ten most-read books" I proclaimed proudly.
bf applauded politely and obligingly, his head tilted in a slight bow.
"I can see you're very impressed."
"Very.", he replied, quickly.
After several moments of silence, he finally asked, "so what are they?"

*grin*
So here it is, according to BBC.com:

  1. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, which of course I have read at least three times, check.
  2. Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R Tolkien, check
  3. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, this one I haven’t read
  4. Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling, check
  5. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, check
  6. The Bible, uh-oh… not into that
  7. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, check
  8. Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell, haven’t read
  9. His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman, check
  10. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens, check!
"That's amazing.", said my bored companion.

No comments: