Monday, March 06, 2006

Tribute to JavaJazz Festival

It was like a playground, and it was a long time since I’ve felt so alive! Saw, by order: Andi Wiriantono, my feisty, hard-bop-ing mentor; Ello, because he gave me a three-day freepass; Bali Lounge, in which I was surprised to be amazed by the vocals of Tompi… can’t really blame the guy for his name; Chiarra Chivello, who made our heartbeats samba; Jeff Lorber, funky and upbeat; Daniella Schachter, whose chords are slightly reminiscent of Bill Evans; Bob James, collaborating beautifully with a Chinese orchestra; Raphael Gualazzio, who played with so much fun he made me laugh; and Hiromi, breathtaking and out of this world.
And what it all comes down to is Jazz. Pure and Unsimple :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever really listened to the beat of a song and felt the sensation of the rhythm flowing through out your body and the words seem not to matter? Let’s come out and play in Java Jazz playground..