Thursday, July 28, 2005



I grabbed at the chance to escape, ironically provided by mum yelling at me that I hardly ever help around the house, and that no wonder my butt is so wide. Nice, I thought. So I took off and went upstairs to get the laundry. The rooftop was secluded, the sky a gloomy colour, a fretful morning breeze played at my thin hairstrands. Then suddenly, without warning, exhaustion came over in a rising tide. I stood for awhile staring at my colourful panties, dried, dancing in the breeze. Thinking. Maybe. Or just feeling the tide.
I can’t decide whether I’d rather stay home with her or away from her. Home--> constant guidance. Away--> freedom to try Life on for size.
I can’t decide whether I love socializing or not. Mostly I’m just trying to fit in with the world. Absurdly pretentious.
I can’t understand why I don’t understand. I thought everything was just a learnable skill.

2 comments:

claus kunckel said...

What a nice kissy-kissy mouth! A lot like a certain J. Alba. But why does it appear here with your me-and-mum text? :-)

Claus
Denmark

Teez said...

why thank you claus. you're right, it has nothing to do with my mum. the title might be something in the lines of errrh...."contemplation on a rooftop". not that it shows anything to do with rooftops either ;)

as an alternative though, the lips are from mum's genes, people say.