Friday, June 24, 2005

Life in the metropolitan is tough. Was wondering if I should get that book, ‘a modern girl’s guide to life’. Have no idea what it contains, but the title suggests there might be something I’d be interested in. Not that I’m completely clueless in living a ‘modern life’, whatever that means, it’s that there are too many guides and references. Which to choose from, which to look upon as a standard? I wonder whether this is what’s usually referred to as being perfectionist. Because in order to compete, with all these professional people I encounter more and more frequently, you need to be a neat piece of package. I am personally of the opinion you have to be near-perfect. Why not? You don’t want to just go half way, you’d wanna go for the kill. Right? It’s fun really, keeps you grounded and striving for improvements. Keeps you dreaming of better things to come.
But I was playing piano today and it occurred to me that I’d never be a really good pianist. Simply because it’s not a priority. Sad isn’t it. I’m reminded of a quote by Bill Cosby: “I don’t know the key to success, but I know the key to failure is to try to please everybody”.

Apart from all that, tomorrow’s Saturday. Saturday’s are always worth looking forward to :)

No comments: