Thursday, August 12, 2004

Again, distracted.
Sometimes I wonder whether I should just quit everything and spend my lifetime writing and playing jazz. This has been a perfect day, really, except now I can’t do my speech drafting because I want to write about other things besides how destroying civilian objects violates international law. So today I:
05.00-07.00: Finished as much as I could finish my speech drafting.
07.00-09.00 : Exercised. Skipping and stuff accompanied by Bill Evans Live at the Montreaux Jazz Festival. Not exactly adrenalin rushing music but it adds quality to mornings!
09.00-12.00: breakfast, long shower, played piano. Currently working on that blasted and beautiful Time Remembered by none other than (you’d never guess!) Bill Evans, which has the weirdest, hardest, most beautiful chord progressions I’ve yet encountered, and simply not making much progress. Haven’t even started improvising :(
12.00-13.00: Took a nap. Ate muesli with yoghurt for lunch, sadiss… ceritanya mau hidup sehat.
13.00-17.00: Went shopping with ex-boyfriend who is an excellent critique hence perfect shopping companion. Something about shopping always makes a girl feel good, unfortunately.
17.00-19.00: Took a lightning nap, lounged about restlessly, had an early dinner.
19.00-22.00: Off to Tory’s place to have my speech draft scrutinized, found out that mine was the most “minimalist” compared to the others hence needed to be significantly repaired, supposedly TONIGHT. We did 6 minute speeches and she said I had good structure but it was “fluffy”. Can you believe the way she just makes words up like that ? I mean, what can you say if somebody tells you your speech was “fluffy” ?? Teddy bears and pillows come to mind for God’s sake.
22.00-23.00: Met up with Dad and Kane at Izzi Pizza in time for dessert, melting chocolate cake with a dollop of ice cream accompanied with a cup of Illy black coffee. So much for the muesli.

23.00- now: Rooted in front of this screen, mustering up strong resolve to finish my speech draft. *sigh*.
Alright, bring on the civilian objects.

No comments: